Non-Wovens and Other Industries
Innovative Solutions for Innovative Manufacturers
Menges has been a involved in the nonwovens industry since its early days. Geosynthetics & industrial fabrics plants have used completely new processes to develop wholly new products – and these processes require unique rollers.
Few suppliers match our capabilities in large process rolls, specialty covers, big chill rolls, and value added services.
Plus, the helpful Menges Team is always available to help solve those complex process challenges.
So whether you’re in nonwovens, construction laminates, wood processing or even the minerals or pelletizing markets….Menges Roller offers the products & services you need to succeed!
Large Rubber Rollers
Chill / Heat-Transfer Rollers
Carbon Fiber Rollers
NEW ROLLER MANUFACTURING FROM MENGES ROLLER COMPANY:
Engineering & Testing
Rubber Recover Services
IMPORTANT SERVICES FOR EVERY TYPE OF ROLLER:
- Rubber Re-Cover Services: Menges offers recovers in custom-blended silicones, urethanes & synthetic rubbers
- Grooving & Serrating: Computer-controlled groove & serration work to enhance a material handling properties
- Roller Crowning: Large rollers can be crowned to compensate for deflection & excessive loads
- Balancing: Menges offers static and full-motion dynamic balancing for every type of roller
- Repairs: Menges Roller provides the most comprehensive array of repair services in the roller industry
- Texturing: Knurling and other friction-enhancing finishes can increase the efficiency of your application
- Chrome & Specialty Finishing: Rollers may be finished or re-finished with chrome, nickle, anodizing & more
- Design & Engineering: Our engineering dept. has won awards for thermal modeling & strength testing capabilities
- Acid Flushing of Chill Rolls: Liquid-filled rollers can be flushed of excess coagulants, rust & scale deposits
- Delivery & Pickup Services: Menges offers in-house trucking services to expedite recovers & minimize downtime
| PRODUCTS FOR THE NONWOVENS, GEOSYNTHETICS & OTHER KEY INDUSTRIES
Nearly 30 feet long, this roll is covered in a high-release silicone. We also polished to super-smooth finish. Special rollers are our specialty!
RUBBER-COVERED ROLLER MANUFACTURING
Menges Roller manufactures new rollers for OEMs and end-users, covered with any compound on the market.
- Natural & Synthetic Rubbers (EPDM, Nitrile, Hypalon, etc.)
- Urethane Blends (including Tiger Max)
- Silicones, including High-Temp & High-Release Forlulas
- Many Grooving, Crowning & Polished Finish Options
- Length Capacity Reaches 10 Meters / 32.8 Ft.
- Strength Testing & Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Available
- Reverse-Engineering of Existing Rollers is Available
- New Rubber Rollers Page
Machined from a solid ingot of steel, this 20″ x 120″ roller was precision-ground to a very exact OD.
|LARGE PROCESS ROLLER MANUFACTURING
At Menges, one of our specialties is large rollers. We make large, long and heavy rollers to perform in almost every application.
- Length Capacity: 33.8 feet / 10 meters
- Diiameter Capacity: 48 inches / 122 cm
- Weight Capacity: 20,000 lbs. / 9070 kg
- Carbon Steel & Stainless Steel Options
- Precision OD Grinding for Exact Diameters
- Finishes in Chrome, Nickle, Plasmas & More
- Large Process Rollers Page
3 of 8 large chrome-plated heat transfer rollers Menges Roller manufactured to fit a special cooling process for a nonwovens customer.
HEAT TRANSFER / CHILL ROLLER MANUFACTURING
Menges Roller is recognized as a leader in chill roller manufacturing, offering award-winning engineering & high-performance designs.
- Double-Shell, Spiral-Baffle Designs
- Mono-Flow and Duo-Flow Configurations
- Designed with CFD Thermal Modeling Technology
- Temperature Ranges: 20-600°F (10-315°C)
- Very Low Temperature Variances: +/-1 degree
- Chrome Finishes (polished to mirror & low-Ra values)
- Nickle, Plasma, Tungsten Carbide and Specialty Finishes
- Heat Transfer Rollers Page
Grooved rollers can be custom-fabricated and covered to match existing rollers or designed to meet new specifications/applications.
|GROOVED ROLLER MANUFACTURING
Menges designs & manufactures custom-grooved and serrated rollers to solve almost any material handling challenge.
- Grooving of Rubber-Covered & Aluminum Rollers
- Computer-Controlled CNC Grooving Machines
- Diamond Patterns for Air Release
- Herringbone & Chevrons for Friction Enhancement
- Spiral Serrations for Wrinkle Removal
- Segmenting to Handle Boardly Materials
- May Accompanny Crowning or Polishing
- Grooved Rollers Page
Carbon fiber rollers from Menges are lightweight yet strong. They may be rubber-covered or run with exposed carbon fiber, with an exact OD.
|NEW CARBON FIBER ROLLERS
Carbon fiber rollers from Menges represent a lightweight solution, perfect for light loads and low-stress applications.
- High Strength-to-Weight Ratio
- May be Rubber-Covered or Fiber-Finished
- Consult a Menges Engineer for Appropriate Rubbers
- Fiber Finishes are Precision Ground to an Exact OD
- Precision-Machined Inserts: Aluminum or Steel
- Balanced for Smooth Operation at High Linespeeds
- Carbon Fiber Rollers Page
|SERVICES FOR NONWOVENS, GEOSYNTHETICS & OTHER INDUSTRIES
RUBBER RE-COVER SERVICES
Dozens of rollcover compounds to fit any converting process.
- Quick Turnarounds for Recovers
- Silicone, Hypalon, Urethane & Special Synthetic Compounds
- Custom-Blending Available
- Any Durometer, from 30 to 90
- Proprietary Seamless Rollcovering Process (no build lines)
- Grooving, Crowning, Balancing and Finishing Services
- All Services Performed In-House for Total Quality Control
- Re-Cover Services
Before & After – No matter what your requirements are for rollcover compounds, textures, or grooves, Menges is your ultimate recovering source.
ROLLER GROOVING SERVICES
Menges Roller offers grooving services for all types of covered rollers.
- Grooves Formed with Computer-Controlled CNC Machines
- Diamond Patterns
- Chevron & Herringbone Formats
- Spiral Serrations for Wrinkle Removers
- Horizontal Grooves
- Vertical Segments
- Roller Grooving Page
This roller – over 28 feet long – for an industrial fabric converter, has been recovered & grooved with a spiral serration to prevent wrinkling.
ROLLER CROWNING SERVICES
Precision crowning to enhance a roller’s material handling properties.
- Parabolic Crowning to Compensate for Deflection & Sag
- Crowns also Necessary for Many Nip Rollers
- Precision-Machined to Hundredths or Thousnads of Inch
- Menges Engineers Can Help Specify Crown Dimensions
- Available on Rubber & Elastomer-Covered Rollers
- Crowning Services Page
Long rollers are popular in the nonwovens sector. But with length comes deflection, a slight runout effect. Crowning compensates for deflection.
ROLLER BALANCING SERVICES
Balancing eliminates vibration and reduces web bubbling & wrinkling.
- Balanced to Customer-Specified Linespeed / Rotation-Rate
- Two-Plane Full Rotary Motion Dynamic Balancing
- Reduces Web Vibration & Prevents Bearing Wear
- Static Balancing to Prevent Loping (heavy spots in rollers)
- For All Types of Rollers (chill rolls, solid steel rolls, rubber covered)
- Roller Balancing Page
Balancing is critical, and Menges can balance rollers up to 33 feet long. Here a urethane roller for a geosynthetics plant is being balanced.
ROLLER REPAIR SERVICES
Menges features a full-service roller repair facility.
- Complete Facilities For Every Repair Need
- Precision CNC Fabrication of Replacement Journals
- Installation of Replacement Journals
- Shrink-Fit Techniques & Wire-Fed MIG Welding
- Threading & Re-Threading of Fitments
- Siphon Tube Replacement (heat transfer rollers)
- Bearing Race Resurfacing
- Core/Body Repairs & Cylindrical Grinding
- Roller Repairs Page
Before & After – For a mineral processor, these rollers see real abuse. We replaced the journals & recovered in a special urethane.
Promote friction, enhance material handling, and speed in-feed processes with these special texturing services.
- Knurling Services
- Acid Etching to Add Friction
- Shot Blasted Matte Finishes
- Thermal Sprayed Options & Plasma Finishes
- Micro Grooving & Segmenting
- Roller Texturing
Knurling is one of many options that add friction.
|CHROME PLATING SERVICES
Chrome plating is available for new rollers or as service for roller refurbishing projects.
- Perfect for Heat Transfer / Chill Rolls
- Cylindrical Grinding to Remove Old / Worn Chrome
- Preparation of Rollface to Recieve New Chrome
- Application of New Chrome
- Polishing of Chrome to Any Ra Value (including mirror finish)
- Also Available: Nickle, Black Chrome, Croydon, Anodizing & More
- Chrome & Finishes Page
Over 25 feet long, this roller (for a construction materials manufacturer) was manufactured and chrome plated at Menges Roller Company.
ROLLER ENGINEERING SERVICES
Menges offers award-winning design services – to guarantee chill roll temperatures and ensure optimal design in process rollers.
- Thermal Modeling using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- To Guarantee the Temperature of Heat Transfer Rollers
- Also Ensures Low Thermal Fluctuation (as low as +/-1 degree)
- Strength Testing using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Menges Won AIMCAL’s “Technology of the Year” for our utilizing CFD Models to Design Heat Transfer Rollers
- Design & Engineering Services
Final designs are output to 3-D CAD programs after initial modeling with CFD Thermal Simulations and FEA Strength Testing applications.
|ACID FLUSHING SERVICES
Extend chill roll life with this important maintenance service.
- Recommended as an Annual Maintenance Service
- Flushes Coagulated Chemicals, Rust and Mineral Scale
- For All Liquid-Filled Chill / Heat Transfer Rolls
- Menges usus Specially-Formulated Chemical Mix
- Increases Flow-Rates
- Improves Thermal Transfer
- Extends Overall Life of Roller
- Acid Flushing Services
Acid flushing, sometimes called acid washing, removes rust, mineral scale and coagulated chemicals from heat transfer rollers.
ROLLER PICKUP & DELIVERY SERVICES
Menges offers in-house roller pickup & delivery services.
- In-House Trucking within Designated Delivery Zones
- Reduces Turnaround Times & Eliminates Downtime
- Company-Owned Trucks & Menges Employees (no contractors)
- Ensures Proper Handling of Your Rollers
- Trucking & Shipping to Cover North America & Global Locations
- Submit Your Project for Quote
Menges Roller has its own in-house line of trucks and trailers to facilitate roller delivery.
INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS & SERVICES FOR AN INNOVATIVE INDUSTRY
The nonwovens & industrial fabric sectors are evolving quickly.
And Menges has been with you since the start, with unique products & services to help you grow.
This industry tends to require oversized rollers. We make them, cover and repair them.
Need a 25 foot chrome roller? Look to Menges. An 48 inch wide chill roll? We are your source.
Call 847-487-8877 or click today to contact one of our knowledgable, friendly engineers.
We’re here to help you run faster, reduce waste and produce better products.