Heat Transfer / Chill Rollers
Advanced Thermal Roller Technology from Menges
Menges Roller is a leading manufacturer of heat transfer rollers, serving many industries and sub-sectors.
Heat transfer rollers, also called ‘chill rolls,’ are designed to cool or heat materials to a specific temperature.
These are liquid-filled rollers, usually double-shelled with thermal fluid circulating between the two shells.
Many of today’s high-tech manufacturing & converting processes require very specific temperature modification – and this is where Menges Roller excels.
Menges won Technology of the Year (AIMCAL) for using Computational Fluid Dynamics to design chill rolls.
Menges Engineers utilize this technology to guaranteed to target temperatures, with variances as low as +/-1 degree.
To ensure completely dependable performance, we employ proven fabrication techniques – tested through years of product development – so our rollers never leak and your satisfaction is completely guaranteed.
MENGES HEAT TRANSFER & CHILL ROLLERS:
- Manufactured for OEMs and end-users; replacement rolls made from prints or reverse-engineering existing roller
- Even temperature across rollface (+/- 1 degree), maintainable over long production runs & linespeed variations
- Designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) thermal models & Finite Element Analysis (FEA) strength tests
- Variety of coatings & finishes available: chrome & mirror-finishes, nickel, flame-sprayed and silicone-covered
- Dynamically balanced for smooth rotary motion, and structurally optimized for long life & minimal maintenance
- Large sizes are a Menges specialty: we manufacture heat transfer rolls up to 48 inches in diameter & 33 feet long
THE RIGHT DESIGN FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
With 40+ years of experience, Menges Roller truly understand the best practices for implementing hot & cold rollers.
Whether you’re an OEM designing a new machine or a plant manager seeking equipment updates, Menges can help.
Our double-shell, spiral-baffle design is the industry standard for advanced temperature modification. Components and finishes vary from roll to roll, but most double-shell rolls fit into either Mono-Flow or Duo-Flow categories.
Speak to a Menges Engineer to discuss exactly which configuration is most appropriate for your application.
AVAILABLE FINISHES for HEAT TRANSFER ROLLS:
Many of our rollers are used in unique processes, so we offer a range of specialty finishes to meet any need:
- Chrome Plated (Polished to any RA Value, including mirror, optical mirror and super-finish options)
- Nickel Plated (to resist corrosion: may also be applied to interior chamber)
- Grit/Shot-Blasted Matte Finish
- Standard Lathe Finish
- Machine-Cut Grooved
- Tempered & Hardened Treatments
- Matte & Croydon Finishes
- Thermal Spray & Plasma Coating, including Tungsten Carbide
- Silicone or Thermal-Plastic Rollcovers, including Heat-Resistant, High-Release Silicone
|PRODUCTS & SERVICES FOR HEAT TRANSFER ROLLERS|
|As a full-service roller company, Menges offers a full range of support services, targeting each aspect of the roll.|
|Roller Design & Engineering
||Heat Transfer Roll Rebuilding
|Chrome & Specialty Finishes
||Acid Flushing of Liquid-Filled Rollers
|Cylindrical Grinding & Polishing
||Thermal Transfer Fluids
|Protective Roller Covers
||Chillers & Temperature Control Units
LETS GET STARTED !
The Menges Team will analyze your needs to determine the optimal roll configuration for your application.
Call 847-487-8877 or click today and get started on an industry-leading heat-transfer roller from Menges Roller Company – the leaders in double-shell technology.
We’ll help you run faster, reduce waste and produce a better product.