Heat Transfer Chill Roll Repairs & Rebuilds
We Can Restore Your Chill Roll to Like-New Condition
Double-shelled rollers that are exhibiting low flowrates and poor thermal transfer can be rebuilt & refurbished.
This is a substantial cost saving versus a new chill roll, and we guarantee the performance of rebuilt rollers.
Because Menges is so well equipped – with a complete machine shop & fabrication plant – “open roller surgery” on your heat transfer roller is no problem. The most common approach is to remove the old outer shell, re-furbish the inner shell (complete with a new spiral wrap), re-drill & tap any components, fabricated & install a new outer shell, then finish with a new chrome plated surface.
Rebuilt heat transfer rollers are guaranteed no to leak, and you’ll see the thermal performance of a ‘young roller.’
Speak to a Menges Engineer for more on this cost-saving, efficiency-enhancing service.
We also offer an array of basic repair & modification services for double-shelled rollers.
REBUILDING DOUBLE-SHELL ROLLERS – COMPLEX BUT COST EFFECTIVE (AND ONLY MENGES CAN DO IT):
- The outer shell is removed. Ususally a new one is fabricated, but sometimes the old one can be saved.
- Inner shell is turned (removing rust & debris), then treated with rust inhibitor (an upgrade option).
- New spiral wraps are installed on inner shell (mimicing old wrap angle or modified for higher/lower velocity).
- New outer shell is fabricated to precise specifications, meeting the desired inner cavity volume dimensions.
- Bores & siphon tubes are refurbished or replaced (depending on roll design, monoflow or duoflow).
- Roller is completely re-assembled: new outer shell is married to inner shell, leak-checked and balanced.
- New chrome plate (or other surface finish) is applied to outer shell, then polished to the desired Ra value.
|REBUILDING A CHILL ROLLER – FROM ZERO TO HERO IN 7 EASY STEPS !|
|PRODUCTS & SERVICES FOR HEAT TRANSFER ROLLERS|
|As a full-service roller company, Menges offers a full range of support services & products.|
|Roller Design & Engineering
||Heat Transfer Roll Rebuilding
|Chrome & Specialty Finishes
||Acid Flushing of Liquid-Filled Rollers
|Cylindrical Grinding & Polishing
||Thermal Transfer Fluids
|Protective Roller Covers
||Chillers & Temperature Control Units
THE SOONER YOU FIX IT, THE SOONER YOU’LL BE UP AND RUNNING !
Chill rollers are the key to many processes – and their performance is critical.
Low flowrates & poor thermal transfer put your production line at risk – and nobody wants that.
As a plant manager, you’re paid to fix these problems – which is why you need to call Menges Roller.
Menges will rebuild that malfunctioning chill roller for a fraction of the cost of a new roller.
Call 847-487-8877 or click today to contact a Menges Engineer.
It’s your first step toward getting your temperature modification process back on track.
We’re here to help you run faster, reduce waste and produce a better product.