Products for Steel & Metal Converting
We Help Coil Converters & Coaters Run More Efficiently
Menges Roller provides a multitude of specialized products & services for the metals sector.
We developed a special urethane rollcover compound to withstand the abrasion of steel & aluminum coils. We developed another unique rollcover formula to handle the harsh chemicals used in annealing. And with a capacity to make new rollers up to 10 tons & 33 feet long, we are your heavy-duty roller experts.
Menges even perfected the “SuperSpander” to protect coils while on the coil hanlding mandrel. So take a close look at our long list of new roller products, service options, and accessories.
Then speak to a Menges Engineer: we’ll offer practical, cost-effective solutions to your process challenges.
Rubber Mandrel Rings
Nip / Pinch Rollers
PRIMARY PRODUCTS SUPPLIED TO THE METALS INUDSTRY:
Engineering & Design
OD Cylindrical Grinding
WORKING WITH MENGES – OUR SERVICES:
- Roll Re-Cover Services: Re-cover your rollers with one of our special urethane or synthetic compounds
- Grooving: Chevron grooves for contact rollers are just the start: we offer an array of groove options
- Cylindrical Grinding: Menges will ‘true-up’ those out of round flattening/straightening rollers
- Roller Balancing: Menges offers high-speed balancing as well as static balancing services
- Repairs: Menges offers complete repair services, including journal replacement
- Engineering & Design: Strength testing and CAD modeling for new or reverse-engineered rollers
- Delivery & Pickup Services: Menges offers in-house trucking to expedite recovers & minimize downtime
|KEY RODUCTS FOR COIL PROCESSORS
Squeegee rollers for coil converters & coaters are build extra-strong with special rollcovers.
NIP & SQUEEGEE ROLLERS
Menges delivers the required strength for these rollers, and special rollcover compounds for high-compression nip systems.
- Rigid Construction of Proven Designs
- Double-Endplate Designs for High-Pressure Nips
- In-House Strength & Load-Capacity Testing
- Dozens of Specialty Rollcover Compounds Available
- Abrasion & Chemical-Resistant Rollcovers
- Precision Parabolic Crowning Options
- Nip Rollers Page
Contact & in-feed rolls have flexible yet durable synthetic covers, with many groove options.
We supply contact rollers to OEMs, coil converters & polishers – and we understand the different groove properties better than anyone.
- New Rolls Built to Withstand Years of Continuous Use
- Journals may be Double-Endplated for Extra Strength
- Precision Keyways & Custom Shafts for Drive Purposes
- Tear & Wear-Resistant Rubber Compounds
- Herringbone, Chevron & Continuous Flute Grooves
- Groove Land, Depth & Radius Specs to Meet Your Needs
- Contact Rollers Page
A small bridle roll for an aluminum processor. Menges developed this special synthetic rubber rollcover specifically for their application.
New & replacement rolls can be built to fit any machine.
- Thick Wall & Endplate Construction
- Manufactured to Fit Standard or Custom Machines
- Many Urethane & Synthetic Rubber Rollcovers to Choose
- Crush & Compression-Resistant Rollcovers
- Equipped with Keyways & Drive Compatibility
- Large-Diamater Fabrication Capaciity: 48″ / 121 cm
- Custom Rollers Page
Menges makes large chill rolls for galvanizing lines and specialty processes.
HEAT TRANSFER / CHILL ROLLER MANUFACTURING
Large chill rolls from Menges are found in continuous galvanizing lines and other important temperature modification operations.
- Double-Shelled, Spiral-Wrapped Designs
- Mono-Flow and Duo-Flow Configurations
- Designed with CFD Thermal Modeling Technology
- Maintain Target Temperatures from 20-600°F (10-315°C)
- Chrome, Nickle and Plasma Finishes Available
- Custom-Fabricated to Meet Exact Process Requirements
- Heat Transfer Rollers Page
Solid steel flattening rollers for a leveling press, finished with a very exact OD.
LEVELING & STRAIGHTENING ROLLERS
Leveling & straightening machines need precision-ground, heavy steel rollers – that’s what Menges delivers to OEMs and end-users alike.
- Solid, Forged One-Piece Designs
- Capacity for Extra-Wide Rollers for Oversize Presses
- Stress Testing Available at Design Phase
- Rolls are Precision Ground In-House for Exact Diameters
- Splines and Keyways Machined as Needed
- Variety of Steel Grades Available to Meet Your Performance Traits
- Available for OEMs or End-Users Needing Replacement Rolls
- Large Rollers Page
Menges manufactures all types of new rollers – idlers, work rolls, direction changers, and more – with or without covers.
WORK ROLLERS & OTHER MATERIAL HANDLING ROLLS
No matter what your application – even if its something new or experimental – Menges Roller is here to help with custom-engineered industrial roller solutions.
- Heavy-Duty Work Rollers for Any Process
- Billy Rollers, Carrier Rollers, Looper Rollers, Entry & Exit Rollers
- Solid One-Piece or Multi-Endplate Designs
- Hardshell Options in Knurled, Chrome or Steel with Precision OD
- Rubber-Cover Options Include Award-Winning Tiger Max & More
- Menges Engineers will Work with You to Perfect Design Details
- Widening Your Stock ? We Can Widen All the Rollers in the Line
- Custom Roller Cores Page
Super Spander rubber coil expander rings from Menges fit over the mandrel to grip the coil and protect your stock from damage.
RUBBER EXPANDER RINGS FOR MANDRELS
SuperSpanders allow you to handle coils with any ID.
- Durable Rubber Rings Fit Over the Mandrel
- Expand with Mandrel Jaws
- Allows You to Handle Coils of Different Sizes (almost any ID)
- Prevents Mandrel from Rubbing Against Your Stock
- Helps to Keep Coil on the Mandrel
- Rubber Lasts for Years
- Custom-Made to Fit Your ID, OD & Width Specifications
- Coil Expander Rings Page
|SERVICES FOR STEEL & ALUMINUM COIL PROCESSORS
ROLLER RE-COVER SERVICES
Choose our award-winning Tiger Max urethane or another performance-grade specialty rollcover compound.
- Re-Cover Services for All Types of Rollers
- Seamless Rollcover Process (no build lines)
- Chemical & Abrasion-Resistant Compounds
- Choice of Durometer (hardness)
- Custom Blending & Testing Available
- Groove, Crown & Balancing Services to Accompany
- Quick Turnarounds of All Recovers
- Roller Re-Cover Services
Our Tiger Max urethane rollcover is one of our most popular rollcover compounds. It is abrasion & chemical-resistant, with outstanding durability.
Rollers involved in push, pull and belt-polishing operations can all benefit from Menges’ grooving operations.
- Any Rubber or Urethane Roller Can be Grooved
- Chevron, Spiral Flute, Herringbone Patterns & More
- Computer-Controlled Groove Forming
- Services Completed In-House (unlike some competitors)
- May Accompany Crowning, High-Speed Balancing, etc.
- Grooving Services Page
Menges uses computer controlled grooving machines to make any groove pattern.
CYLINDRICAL OD GRINDING
Precision surface grinding from Menges gives press rollers new life.
- Precision Cylindrical OD Grinding Services
- Removes Wobble & Runout, Renews Concentricity
- Refreshes Surface, Removing Pitting & Marring
- Perfect for Leveler / Straightener / Flattening Machine Rollers
- Capacity to 10 Tons
- Cylindrical Grinding Page
This large straightener press roller, weighing several tons, was precision OD ground at Menges.
ROLLER BALANCING SERVICES
At Menges, we recommend all rollers undergo complete dynamic balancing procedures at your specific linespeed.
- Menges Offeers Computer-Assisted Two-Plane Dynamic Balancing
- High-Speed Balancing at Your Designated Linespeed
- Prevents Vibration & Material Flutter
- Static Balancing to Prevent Loping & Roller/Material Friction
- Any Roller Can Be Balanced
- Often Accompanies Recover Services
- Roller Balancing Services
No matter what your linespeed, Menges will balance your rollers to run vibration-free.
COMPLETE REPAIR SERVICES
Menges Roller has the most complete repair facility in the business.
- Journal Repair & Replacement
- New Journal Fabrication
- Bearing Race Resurfacing
- Advanced Shrink-Fit & MIG Welding Technology
- May Accompany Recovers & Other Services
- Rush Turnarounds & Emergency Services Available
- Roller Repair Services Page
Menges Roller has one of the most comprehensive roller repair facilties in the industry.
STRENGTH TESTING & ROLLER ENGINEERING SERVICES
Our award-winning engineering team designs & tests rollers to perform perfectly for their process application.
- Solid Stress Analysis & Finite Element Analysis
- Load-Bearing Capacity & Strength Testing
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Thermal Modeling
- Ensures Rollers are Built Strong Enough for Their Task
- Prevents Over Engineering
- Engineering Services Page
Our award-winning engineers will model your roller to achieve specific strength profiles and maintain very specific temperatures.
ROLLER PICKUP & DELIVERY SERVICES
Pickup, delivery & trucking options to meet your deadlines.
- In-House Trucking for Large Midwest Zones
- Menges Employees Driving Menges Trucks
- For Speedy Turnarounds & Best Care of Rollers
- Nationwide Service via Trusted Suppliers
- Get a Quote
In-house roller pickup & delivery means quick turnarounds for recovers & repairs.
BENEFIT FROM OUR INNOVATION
Menges Roller has developed many innovative & original products and rollcover compounds.
Our Tiger Max urethane is the rollcover-of-choice for many converters & steel polishers.
Top-flight OEMs & large-scale plants rely Menges for new rollers & exact-fit replacement rollers.
And with a full array of repair services, plant managers trust their most critical rollers to Menges.
Call 847-487-8877 or click today to get started with an industry leader.
Our goal is to help you run faster, reduce waste and produce better products.